Sunday, March 23, 2014

Week 3

It was the "Perfect Storm" of information this week.. As I am developing a program for leadership business acumen.. I was asked by the senior executives about new ways to ensure the participants in the course were improving. The regular assessment in the Learning Management Center just can't cut it. So.. I got use the tools we reviewed in the class.

The key components of this course is a workshop, coaching, peer learning for transformative experience. The important question asked was on ensuring the time in the course is useful.

. "Renee, how will you, better yet we know, they are getting it during the process? We surely don't want our leaders in this course for two quarters of the year to find in the end the course has proven little to no results."

I got to tell them about the resources and the perfect storm. I believe in my course, the formative assessments can be gathered through the blogs, the threads, and the surveys. Luckily we can also transfer knowledge through the Learning Center for the learners to have a common understanding to grow from. They loved the fact that not only the facilitator of the course can see the progress, but with these tools, as leaders of the leaders, they can see how they progress.

Also.. I got to use my Concept Map.. To tell the truth, often it is hard to show business how learners objectives are tied to activities and assessment. This concept map help to also show how this lead into the next objective. This picture was perfect and I will use this to present courses in the future.

One good question from executives was about using the tools. They liked the tools, but wanted to make sure it wasn't something that would impede learning. The beauty of using the tools I suggested was the learners can use them in their daily work. I could show the executives how they would improve the communication and networking by using the tools. This justified the time being spent with the pre-assessment and the course tools as necessary.

Perfect Storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment