Sunday, March 16, 2014

Week 2

.
"Blogs offer students, faculty, staff, and others a high level of 
autonomy while creating a new opportunity for interaction with 
peers." "7 Things You Should Know About Blogs." EDUCAUSE Web. Aug. 2005




Blogs are going to be a major piece of assessment in the learning modules for the course I am creating. I am developing opportunities to help professionals grow within their business and grow their business acumen. In the world I live, it is not "high stakes testing" or "common core" which drives my profession, it is Return on Investment (ROI).

Business knows they need to develop people, but their is always that constant pull of getting the job done. Every time I take someone from their normal work load, I need to help management see how that learning is getting the job done. Much like a way point marks the coordinates of a place, so can a blog give management a marker of where their associate is in the learning and how it can be applied to their job. Not only can I use it to help create the autonomy which the 7 Things You Should Know About Blogs refers to, it also gives the stakeholders insight to their associates growth and development.

I always thought blogs were a thing for someone who has nothing to do, but give unsolicited advise.. I see purpose in using blogs for eLearning and ongoing development! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment